Forum: Post and respond to forum messages - and making groups
In the Forum tool, you can post messages about topics, and post responses to the messages of other participants. Please note! Depending on your role within the site, and how the forum creator configured permissions, you may or may not be able to post a response to another participant's message.
To compose and post a response to another participant's message:
- In the Forums tool, click the title of the desired topic.
- Find and click the subject of the desired message.
- Click Reply to Thread or Reply.
- In the text field next to "Reply Title", give your reply a title.
- Under "Message", use the WYSIWYG editor to compose your reply. (WYSIWYG = what you see is what you get)
- To insert a quote of the original message, click Insert Original Text (located above the WYSIWYG editor).
- Under "Attachments", you can attach a file from your local computer or from Resources, or specify the URL for a file on the web.
- To post your message, click Post Message.
- To cancel your message without saving it, click Cancel.
- If the forum or topic is moderated, your message will appear as "PENDING" until approved by a moderator.
Click n view: UPC’s How to make groups in the forum tool