How to add yourself & log-in as a “student” on your course
In most CAMBRO tools, you can see something very close to the student view. However, if you'd create a student account for yourself, it could be useful. To do this, you must have a private external (non-UmU) email account for this (eg hotmail or gmail):
Here is what you do:
- Log into CAMBRO with your UmU CAS identity at https://www.cambro.umu.se/portal
- From the Site Info tool on the left, choose "Add Participants"
- In the *2nd* box, add your full private external email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click "Continue"
- Check "Student" to give your new alias Student access
- Click "Finish"
- You will receive an email message at your external account with your temporary password. Your email address (email@example.com) will be your new user ID.
- Log into your external email to get your password. (You may have to wait up to 30 minutes to receive the email message from CAMBRO.)
- Please note! You cannot be logged in at the same time as both student and tutor IN THE SAME WEB BROWSER
- Open a different web browser (eg Internet explorer, firefox, safari, opera, google chrome) - you may have to download one of these on your computer beforehand
- In the NEW/DIFFERENT web browser Log into CAMBRO with your private external identity (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) at https://www.cambro.umu.se/portal
- Now you are your own student!
- Navigate between the the different identities so you know EXACTLY what the student can see and experience